VO-KOREL is a web service exploiting the technology of Virtual Observatory for providing the astronomers with the intuitive graphical front-end and distributed computing back-end running the most recent version of Fourier disentangling code KOREL. The system integrates the ideas of the e-shop basket, conserving the privacy of every user by transfer encryption and access authentication, with features of laboratory notebook, allowing the easy housekeeping of both input parameters and final results, as well as it explores a newly emerging technology of cloud computing. While the web-based front-end allows the user to submit data and parameter files, edit parameters, manage a job list, resubmit or cancel running jobs and mainly watching the text and graphical results of a disentangling process, the main part of the back-end is a simple job queue submission system executing in parallel multiple instances of FORTRAN code KOREL. This may be easily extended for GRID-based deployment on massively parallel computing clusters. The short introduction into underlying technologies is given, briefly mentioning advantages as well as bottlenecks of the design used.
S M T W T F S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 1718 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- dida.markovic on The behaviour of dark matter associated with 4 bright cluster galaxies in the 10kpc core of Abell 3827 [Cross-Listing]
- steaua on Temperature-based metallicity measurements at z=0.8: direct calibration of strong-line diagnostics at intermediate redshift
- ddenis on Numerical relativity simulations of neutron star merger remnants using conservative mesh refinement
- ddenis on ALMA Observations of Asteroid 3 Juno at 60 Kilometer Resolution [Replacement]
- ddenis on Tau-REx I: A next generation retrieval code for exoplanetary atmospheres [Replacement]
^ Return to the top of page ^