VO-KOREL is a web service exploiting the technology of Virtual Observatory for providing the astronomers with the intuitive graphical front-end and distributed computing back-end running the most recent version of Fourier disentangling code KOREL. The system integrates the ideas of the e-shop basket, conserving the privacy of every user by transfer encryption and access authentication, with features of laboratory notebook, allowing the easy housekeeping of both input parameters and final results, as well as it explores a newly emerging technology of cloud computing. While the web-based front-end allows the user to submit data and parameter files, edit parameters, manage a job list, resubmit or cancel running jobs and mainly watching the text and graphical results of a disentangling process, the main part of the back-end is a simple job queue submission system executing in parallel multiple instances of FORTRAN code KOREL. This may be easily extended for GRID-based deployment on massively parallel computing clusters. The short introduction into underlying technologies is given, briefly mentioning advantages as well as bottlenecks of the design used.
S M T W T F S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 2021 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30Department EventsLoading calendar...
- kelson on Do cluster properties affect the quenching rate?
- mssgill on Dark energy from the string axiverse
- mssgill on 3D Weak Gravitational Lensing of the CMB and Galaxies
- mssgill on Gender-based Systematics in HST Proposal Selection
- StefanUttenthaler on Chemical Abundances of M giants in the Galactic Center: a Single Metal-Rich Population with Low [alpha/Fe]
^ Return to the top of page ^