VO-KOREL is a web service exploiting the technology of Virtual Observatory for providing the astronomers with the intuitive graphical front-end and distributed computing back-end running the most recent version of Fourier disentangling code KOREL. The system integrates the ideas of the e-shop basket, conserving the privacy of every user by transfer encryption and access authentication, with features of laboratory notebook, allowing the easy housekeeping of both input parameters and final results, as well as it explores a newly emerging technology of cloud computing. While the web-based front-end allows the user to submit data and parameter files, edit parameters, manage a job list, resubmit or cancel running jobs and mainly watching the text and graphical results of a disentangling process, the main part of the back-end is a simple job queue submission system executing in parallel multiple instances of FORTRAN code KOREL. This may be easily extended for GRID-based deployment on massively parallel computing clusters. The short introduction into underlying technologies is given, briefly mentioning advantages as well as bottlenecks of the design used.
S M T W T F S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 30 31Department EventsLoading calendar...
- akraus on Modeling giant extrasolar ring systems in eclipse and the case of J1407b: sculpting by exomoons?
- Sebastian on Localised Anti-Branes in Flux Backgrounds
- Lady Alex on Localised Anti-Branes in Flux Backgrounds
- steaua on Derivation of chemical abundances in star-forming galaxies at intermediate redshift
- mssgill on Spectroscopic Needs for Calibration of LSST Photometric Redshifts
^ Return to the top of page ^